The Peach State Grilled Salad
Grilling fresh peaches and onions highlights their natural sweetness.
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon peach preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large Vidalia onion, cut into thick slices
- 2 large peaches, cut into halves
- 6 ounce mesclun greens
- 6 ounce arugula
- 1/2 pound thick cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 ounce goat cheese, crumbled
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Combine oil, vinegar, preserves, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk well to combine.
- Heat grill.
- Brush onion slices with olive oil. Place on grill pan and grill, turning occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes. Break into rings and set aside. Brush peach halves with olive oil. Place on grill pan and grill, turning occasionally, until tender and caramelized, about 2 minutes. Slice each peach half into 4 pieces.
- Place greens and arugula in salad bowl. Top with bacon, onion rings, peach slices and crumbled goat cheese. Toss salad with half the vinaigrette and taste. Add more vinaigrette if desired.