Watercress, Apple, and Farro Green Chicken Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups watercress
- 1 cup microgreens
- 1 medium green apple (cored and sliced thin)
- 3-4 small black radishes sliced thin
- 3 mini cucumbers sliced thin lengthwise
- 2-3 cups cooked farro
- 1 small avocado
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original Almondmilk or Extra Creamy Almondmilk
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Pinch of salt
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Heat olive oil in a large caste iron skillet over medium heat. Liberally sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken thighs, then place skin-side down into pan.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes on each side, until the skin is medium golden brown and chicken is cooked all the way through. Remove from heat and allow for chicken to rest for at least 15 minutes before serving over salad. This will help the juices to stay in the chicken, so it's super moist!
- Meanwhile, combine all other salad ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
- To make the dressing, place all ingredients into a blender and blend until creamy. Add 1 tablespoon of water, if necessary.
- Gently place chicken thighs over salad, then drizzle with dressing, and for added crunch top with your favorite flavor of almonds!