Healthy Pumpkin Bread!
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil*
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup milk of choice or water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin spice blend (or 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, and 1/4 teaspoon allspice or cloves)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (NOT baking powder; they aren’t the same!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour or regular whole wheat flour
- Totally optional: 1/2 cup mix-ins like chopped walnuts or pecans, chocolate chips, raisins, chopped dried fruit...
- Pinch of ground cinnamon, for sprinkling on top
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
Learn how to make this recipe at Cookie and Kate