Gluten-Free Banana Oat Waffles
- 2 1/4 cups (200 grams) oat flour*, certified gluten-free if necessary
- 3 tablespoons packed coconut sugar or brown sugar**
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch or cornstarch***
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used almond milk)
- Scant 1/2 cup melted coconut oil or 7 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Suggested toppings: thinly sliced banana, maple syrup or honey, nut butter and/or toasted nuts, whipped cream or coconut whipped cream...
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
Learn how to make this recipe at Cookie and Kate