Kentucky Hot Brown Mac and Cheese
This creamy baked macaroni features the flavors of Louisville's famous hot brown sandwich.
- 3 ounce unsalted butter
- 3 ounce flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 cup cooked macaroni
- 2 ounce roasted turkey, torn into rough pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
- freshly grated cheddar jack cheese
- 6 slice tomato
- 6 slice cooked bacon
- Additional Parmesan, to garnish
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Whisk in flour and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, or until mixture has thickened, stirring to remove any lumps.
- Add wine and half-and-half, whisking until mixture is smooth. Reduce heat to low and whisk in Parmesan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine macaroni and turkey. Gently mix in cheese sauce.
- Divide mixture between 3 ramekins and top with cheddar jack cheese. Bake at 400F for 6 minutes, or until cheese is melted and top is bubbly.
- Garnish with tomato slices, bacon and additional grated Parmesan.