Sweet and Salty Mac and Cheese
Honey gives this decadent bacon mac and cheese a shot of contrasting sweetness.
- 5 tablespoon butter
- 6 tablespoon flour
- 3 cup 2% reduced fat milk
- 2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1 pound large pasta shells
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 pound plus ¼ cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour and milk. Reduce heat to low, and cook until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes,
stirring frequently. Add Parmesan and cream cheese. Stir until melted.
- Cook pasta. Pour cheese mixture over pasta and mix well. Stir in honey and ¾ lb bacon.
- Pour into a 2½-qt casserole dish, top with ¼ cup bacon and bake 20 minutes.