Del Frisco-Style Salad with Avocado Dressing
A creamy pale-green dressing and strips of thick smoked bacon top a bed of crisp fresh greens in this salad based on Del Frisco's original.
- Avocado Dressing:
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 head Bibb or Romaine lettuce (torn into bite-size pieces)
- 16 crispy cooked thick bacon
- To prepare the dressing, place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate a few hours.
- To prepare salad, place the ice cold lettuce into cold bowls, add a 1 or 2 tablespoons of dressing and crisscross two pieces of bacon on top.