Pasta with Bolognese Sauce
Italy's iconic red sauce for pasta is easy to make.
Use a flavorful ham for the best results. Country ham, which is cured and smoked, is ideal here, but any flavorful ham or prosciutto works.
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 pound ground pork
- 4 ounce minced country ham
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 can (28-ounce) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 6 cup hot cooked fusilli or other long pasta
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Melt butter in a large skillet, add onion and carrot, and saute until tender. Add pork and ham, and cook for 5 minutes. Add wine, and cook until absorbed. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper, and simmer, covered, for 1 hour. Add milk, garlic and parsley and cook 15 minutes longer. Serve over pasta.