Chicken with 20 Cloves of Garlic
Make the most of summertime cherry tomatoes before they're gone and bake this aromatic chicken recipe with a surprisingly (but not overwhelming) 20 cloves of garlic.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pound chicken leg quarters
- 20 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded (chiffonade) basil leaves
- 24 (1/4-inch-thick) slices baguette
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Heat butter and oil in a heavy ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned. Remove chicken to a plate.
- Add garlic to pan and cook until it begins to brown, about 1 minute, stirring frequently. Arrange chicken on top of garlic. Place tomatoes on top. Sprinkle salt. Add broth and wine.
- Cover and place in oven. Cook 30 minutes, or until chicken is done. Sprinkle with fresh basil and pepper. Serve with baguette slices.