Roast Chicken with Garlic, Lemon and Parsley
Ready for a roast? Marinate chicken in aromatic ingredients before roasting for deep flavor.
At Hamersley's Bistro in Boston, this chicken is served with roasted potates and onions. The marinade is more like a wet rub.
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 shallots
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried herbes de Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 whole chicken (3-pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 garlic head (unpeeled)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- To prepare marinade, combine all ingredients in a food processor; process to a paste.
- To prepare chicken, coat chicken with marinade. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper; place on rack in roasting pan. Wrap garlic in foil and place alongside chicken. Roast 1 1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted in thigh registers 170F. Remove from oven and let rest 20 minutes.
- Reserve pan juices in the roasting pan. Add broth and lemon juice. Squeeze roasted garlic cloves into broth mixture. Whisk, stirring to loose brown bits, and simmer until slightly thickened. Serve with chicken.