Simple Sage and Butter Pasta
Hearty and loaded with herby flavor, this quick pasta dinner could hardly be easier.
- 1/2 pound fettuccine or spaghetti
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Return pasta to pot.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add sage leaves. Cook until butter browns and sage becomes almost crispy, about 7 minutes. Stir in lemon juice.
- Add to pasta and toss to coat.
- Stir in pasta water. Cook over medium heat until water is absorbed. Stir in Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.