Bacon, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Quesadilla
A kid-friendly breakfast on-the-go, easily made vegetarian by substituting black beans for bacon.
For a vegetarian version, substitute the bacon for 1/4 cup of canned black beans, drained and rinsed, then lightly mashed.
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoon butter
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slice bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper with a fork in a bowl until blended.
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet and scramble eggs. Remove to a bowl.
- In the same pan, heat one tortilla over low. Sprinkle 2 Tbsp cheese over tortilla.
- Spoon half the eggs on top. Sprinkle half the bacon and spinach and 2 more Tbsp cheese over eggs.
- Top with another tortilla. Cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side, until cheese melts and tortillas are toasted.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas, eggs, cheese and bacon.
- Freeze or cut into wedges to serve immediately.
TIP: Freeze for later! Place quesadillas on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze 1 to 2 hours, then place in individual ziplock freezer bags. Reheat in a toaster oven or microwave.