Scalloped Potato-Kale Soup
We may have just found our new favorite recipe shortcut. This soup comes together in a flash, thanks to boxed scalloped potatoes!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and cut into half moons
- 1 box (4.7 oz) boxed scallop potatoes (like Betty Crocker)
- 6 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoon dried marjoram, crumbled
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 cup chopped fresh kale or spinach, tough stems removed (about 1/2 bunch)
- Heat olive oil in a 3-quart saucepan over low heat. Add onions and cook until translucent but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes and seasoning packet, chicken broth, marjoram, black pepper and crushed red pepper, if using.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are hydrated and softened, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add kale and cook just until wilted, 5 to 7 minutes. Serve immediately. Makes about 6 cups, serves 4.