Dark Cherry and Amaretto Ice Cream
Peak-season black cherries play with almond amaretto liqueur in this pretty ice cream.
- 2 cup whole milk
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- 1 vanilla bean bod, deseeded
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup dark cherries, pitted and quartered
- 1 teaspoon amaretto liqueur
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine milk and sugar. Stir occasionally until the sugar completely dissolves and tiny bubbles form around the edges of the pan. Take off the heat, and add the salt and vanilla seeds along with the vanilla pod to the milk and sugar mixture. Allow to steep and cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the heavy whipping cream and discard the vanilla bean pod. Cover and place in the fridge for a few hours until completely chilled, at least 2 hours.
- Using an ice cream maker, add the chilled ice cream base to the machine and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Once the mixture has thickened, add the cherries and amaretto. Once the machine has finished, scoop the ice cream into a freezer-proof container and freeze for at least 2 hours. Enjoy!