Green Salad with Grilled Apples
Grilled apples dress up a tossed salad.
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoon apple juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large crunchy apple, unpeeled, such as Braeburn, Fuji or Gala
- 3 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cup chopped romaine
- 1/2 cup walnut or pecan halves
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese or feta
- Grapes or clementine sections, optional
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- To prepare dressing, combine all ingredients in a screw-top jar. Place lid on jar and shake well.
- Slice apples into quarters, cut out core and stems, and then cut quarters into halves again. Toss with melted butter. Sprinkle lightly with salt, and toss.
- Grill apples over a hot fire (direct heat), about 3 minutes per side, until they have golden grill marks. Don't let them blacken. Remove from grill and let cool. (Apples can remain at room temperature up to 1 hour.)
- Place lettuce in a large bowl. Top with nuts and cheese. Shake dressing well, and drizzle over salad. Top with warm apples and garnish with grapes or clementines, if using.