Tender and delicious—and chock-full of healthful zucchini—these pancakes are a great breakfast treat.
- 3/4 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 3/4 cup grated zucchini, excess liquid squeezed out
- Cooking spray
- Combine flour and next 6 ingredients (flour through salt).
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, butter and milk. Add to flour mixture, and whisk to combine. Stir in zucchini.
- Spray griddle with cooking spray. Spoon batter onto griddle (1/4-cup per pancake) and cook over medium heat, flipping when tiny bubbles appear in the pancake. Continue cooking until golden on each side. Great served with maple syrup and blueberries.