Italian Breakfast Panini
This easy Italian sandwich is delicious for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Panini (pronounced pah-NEE-nee) means “little breads,” but these toasted Italian sandwiches pack big flavor. Originating in Italy as a humble cafe snack, they have crossed the Atlantic to become an easy light meal. You can put just about anything on a panini, but hearty breads and pungent fillings work best. Sourdough bread, cheese and fresh spinach add zip to this sandwich, perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 3 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (3/4-ounce) slices Cheddar cheese
- 1 small Roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 small handful baby spinach leaves
- 2 slice cooked bacon
- 2 (3/4 ounce) slices provolone
- 4 slice sourdough bread
- 3 tablespoon prepared tomato basil sauce (or use marinara sauce and add 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil), optional
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Scramble eggs with salt and pepper.
- Layer Cheddar cheese, tomato, spinach, bacon, eggs and provolone cheese on 2 slices of bread. Top with remaining bread.
- Cook 3 minutes in a grill pan. Serve with tomato basil sauce on the side, if desired.