Easy Crock Pot Posole
Serve this simple slow-cooker soup with warm flour or corn tortillas. Next-day leftovers are even better!
- 3 pound pork roast (shoulder roast or Boston Butt), trimmed
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can of mild green chile enchilada sauce
- 1 (4-ounce) cans of chopped green chiles
- 1 (15-ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans white hominy, undrained
- 2 1/2 tablespoon chipotle adobo sauce (from a can of chipotle peppers)
- Sliced radishes, chopped cilantro and crumbled queso fresco cheese
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Place pork roast in large slow cooker. Add onions and next 5 ingredients (onions through garlic).
- Cook on medium heat 6 to 8 hours, until meat is fork tender. Remove meat and shred using 2 forks. Place meat back in slow cooker. Add hominy and adobo sauce. Cook 30 minutes.
- Serve in individual bowls topped with radishes, cilantro and a crumble of cheese. Makes 13 cups.