Peppermint Crush Cookies
What could be more perfect for Santa’s snack than a plate of cookies studded with chocolate and peppermint candies?
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 to 3 cup self-rising flour
- 2 cup chocolate chips (mixture of semi-sweet and milk chocolate), plus more for decorating if desired
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candies or candy canes, processed into coarse crumbs
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine butter, sugars, eggs, extract and salt and beat until just combined. Add flour in 1 cup increments until well combined. If dough is sticky to the touch, add more flour in 1/4 cup increments until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.