Corn and Tortellini Toss
Store-bought tortellini makes this pasta dish quick and easy.
To make variations of this easy recipe, try purchased ravioli or other filled pastas.
- 1 package (8-ounce) cheese and roasted garlic tortellini
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cup fresh corn
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 12 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoon crumbled ricotta salata or grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add onion and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Add corn; cook 5 minutes, or until tender
- Add basil, cooked pasta and reserved pasta cooking water to skillet. Cook until thoroughly heated. Top with tomato halves and cheese.