Crispy Herbed Chicken with Prosciutto
Chicken, Italian dry-cured ham and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese form a delicious trinity of flavor.
Pounding chicken breasts helps them cook evenly. A quick sauté keeps them moist. Due to the size of the pounded chicken, you'll need to use an extra-large skillet or to cook the chicken in two batches.
- 4 (6-oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- Chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 4 slices prosciutto ham
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Lemon wedges
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Sprinkle one side of each breast with salt, pepper, lemon rind, thyme and cheese. Top with prosciutto slices. Cover with plastic wrap and, with a meat mallet, pound each to ¼-inch thickness.
- Heat oil and butter in a nonstick skillet. Add chicken, prosciutto side down; cook 4 minutes or until prosciutto is crispy. Flip chicken; cook 2 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges and Fresh Tomato Salad.