Cinnamon-Raisin Bread Pudding
There are few comfort foods more quintessential than warm bread pudding.
Here's a nice option: Substitute dried cranberries, cherries or blueberries for the raisins.
- 1 tablespoon Butter for greasing pan
- 1 (1-pound) loaf artisan white bread, cubed
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon dark corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extra
- 7 eggs, slightly beaten
- Vanilla frozen yogurt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with butter. Place bread in pan and sprinkle with cinnamon and raisins.
- Combine milk, sugar and corn syrup in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat until milk small bubbles form around the edge of the pan. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Slowly pour hot milk mixture over eggs, whisking constantly. Pour mixture over bread and cover with foil.
- Place bread pudding pan on rimmed baking sheet in oven. Pour water onto baking sheet to create a water bath. Bake 30 to 45 minutes, until custard has just set. Test by inserting a knife into the center to be sure the custard is thoroughly cooked. Serve with frozen yogurt, if using.