Tennessee Whiskey Cake
This moist cake features sorghum and Tennessee whiskey.
You can substitute 3 tablespoons water and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract for the whiskey.
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup sorghum or molasses
- 1/4 cup Tennessee whiskey, such as Jack Daniel's or George Dickel
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Beat butter using a mixer at medium speed; gradually add sugars and beat until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and baking soda. Add to egg mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Stop mixer and add sorghum. Restart mixer and slowly add whiskey. Mix until smooth, about 30 seconds. (Batter will be thin.)
- Pour into a greased 8- or 9-inch springform pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm with Sorghum Frozen Yogurt.