Apple Cinnamon Whole Wheat Muffins
These muffins are loaded with fruit, nuts and whole wheat goodness.
- 1 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup peeled and shredded apples
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 whole eggs
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 2 muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine flours, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Add apples, carrots, raisins, walnuts, coconut, if using, and walnuts. Mix well. Add oil, milk, vanilla and eggs. Stir until just moist. Fill muffin cups half full. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until tops spring back when lightly pressed. Remove from muffin tins and let cool.