Gooey Butter Cake
A St. Louis original, this cake starts out with a yellow cake mix and bakes up moist and delicious.
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 4 cup powdered sugar
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix cake mix, melted butter, 1 teaspoon, vanilla, and 2 eggs with a spoon.
- Pat into a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Mix cream cheese, remaining 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla with an electric mixer. Slowly beat in powdered sugar. Pour over cake layer.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool.