Italian Potato Salad with Swiss Chard
Add a splash of color to potato salad by tossing in some fresh Swiss chard.
- 4 large yellow potatoes
- 1 small bunch of Swiss chard
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped white onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/3 cup light olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cut potatoes (skin on) into 1 1/2- to 2-inch chunks. Add to boiling water and cook until tender but still firm. Drain well.
- Tear Swiss chard (including stem) into large pieces. Place in boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes. Pour into a colander to drain.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, Swiss chard and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, vinegar, oil and red pepper flakes. Pour over potato mixture and gently toss. Add salt and toss again. Refrigerate until chilled.