Tomato Lentil Chili
Bulgur and lentils team up for a quick-cooking, high-fiber vegetarian chili that is perfect for fall.
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup dry lentils (red or brown)
- 1/2 cup quick cooking bulgur, whole wheat couscous or quick-cooking (pearled) barley
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) can fat-free, reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Yogurt, chopped red onion, hot sauce (optional)
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook 7 minutes. Add remaining ingredients except toppings. Simmer 30 minutes. Serve with yogurt, red onion and hot sauce.