Pumpkin Macaroni and Cheese
Seasonal pumpkin sneaks into this kid-favorite dish. A perfect dish to have on hand for Halloween night.
- 3 cup mostaccioli or penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 2 cup 2% reduced fat milk
- 3/4 cup canned or fresh pumpkin puree
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Comte or Gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat until foamy. Whisk in flour and cook 2 minutes. Slowly whisk in milk, making sure there are no lumps. Add pumpkin puree and mix well. Remove from heat. Add cheeses, salt, nutmeg and black pepper
- When cheese is melted combine with drained noodles. Pour into baking pan.
- Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly.