Pistachio Ice Cream
- Custard base:
- cup shelled, unsalted pistachios
- 3/4 Cup sugar, divided into 1/2 and 1/4 amounts.
- 2 Cups Whole milk (don't skimp on the fat people)
- 1/2 Teaspoon almond extract
- 4 large egg yolks (keep the whites for an omelet or something)
- Finishing the mixture will require:
- 1 Cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 Cup unsalted shelled pistachios, roasted and roughly chopped (I bought mine roasted, but you can roast them in a 350 degree oven for a few minutes to get the desired affect also.)
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
Learn how to make this recipe at Macheesmo