Green Bean Casserole from Scratch
- 1 pound fresh green beans, washed, trimmed, cut in half.
- 2 Cups (1/2 pound) sliced cremini mushrooms (Baby bella)
- 1/2 Cup pearl onions, frozen work fine
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 4 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Teaspoon chopped fresh oregano (and/or thyme)
- 2 Cups chicken stock, homemade is best, but make sure to get low-sodium if you use store bought.
- 1/2 Cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Cup breadcrumbs, I like Panko
- 1/4 Cup slivered almonds
- Salt and pepper
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
Learn how to make this recipe at Macheesmo