Baked Fried Chicken
- 1 whole chicken, cut into eight parts or 3-4 pounds of your preferred chicken pieces.
- 2 Cups + 1/4 Cup buttermilk (the 1/4 cup is for the flour mixture)
- 3 Cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons black pepper (split between flour and buttermilk)
- 2 Teaspoons garlic powder (split)
- 2 Teaspoons paprika (split)
- 1/2 Teaspoons cayenne (split)
- 1 1/2 Cups vegetable oil
- Big pinches of salt (in both buttermilk and flour)
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
Learn how to make this recipe at Macheesmo