White Chicken Chili
White chicken chili made with white beans, corn, and green chili peppers is a must for cold evenings. This dairy-free version uses almond milk instead of milk, creating a creamy and hearty soup perfect for weeknight meals. The best part is that it’s ready in less than 1 hour!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 4 oz cans diced green chilies
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 small lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 15-oz cans great northern beans
- 1 cup Almond Breeze® Almondmilk
- 1 cup corn (frozen or fresh)
- 2 heaping cups cooked chicken, shredded
- shredded cheese
- avocado, sliced
- green onion
- tortilla chips
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Heat olive oil in a large (5-6 quart) pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and sauté until softened.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth, green chilies, cumin, cayenne, paprika, oregano, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Drain and rinse beans in a strainer.
- Put ½ the drained beans to a food processor with a splash of broth from the soup. Puree until smooth. Keep the rest of the beans whole.
- Add pureed beans, whole beans and corn to the soup
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in almond milk and cooked chicken.
- Serve garnished with cilantro, shredded cheese, avocado slices, green onion and tortilla chips.