French in a Flash: My Perfect French Lentil Soup with Thyme and Bacon Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices thick cut bacon, cut into lardoons (matchsticks)
- 1 medium carrot, finely diced
- 1 large shallot, finely diced
- 1 small celery stalk, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and whole
- 5 stems thyme
- 3/4 cup du Puy lentils
- 3/4 cup regular lentils
- 8 cups liquid (water or vegetable stock or a mixture of the two)
- Note: Be sure to rinse your lentils, and check for any stones.
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
Learn how to make this recipe at Serious Eats