Chard- or Collard-Wrapped Polenta-Chile Tamale Packages From 'Heart of the Plate'
- 2–3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 medium Anaheim or poblano chili, seeded if desired, finely minced (heaping 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
- 1 cup polenta (coarse cornmeal)
- 1/4 (packed) cup grated Jack cheese (2 ounces)
- 1 dozen large, perfect chard or collard green leaves (8–10 inches long)
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
Learn how to make this recipe at Serious Eats