Frittata with Chard and Whole-Wheat Spaghetti
Serve this frittata with salad and crusty whole-grain bread for a quick and delicious supper.
- 1 pound Swiss chard, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 3 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cup cooked whole-wheat spaghetti (4 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup shredded Provolone or mozzarella cheese
Ingredient Facts and Health Benefits
Discover fascinating facts and health benefits about some of the ingredients in the recipe, including other delicious recipes!
- Rinse chard and place in a large pot with water clinging to leaves. Cover and cook over medium heat until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain thoroughly. When cool enough to handle, squeeze out excess water.
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine eggs, milk, Parmesan, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Stir in spaghetti and chard
- Melt butter in a large ovenproof skillet. Add egg mixture; cover and cook over low heat until top is almost set, 10 to 13 minutes.
- Sprinkle frittata with provolone cheese and broil 3 minutes, or until golden brown.