Sesame Noodles with Shredded Vegetables
Meatless and filling—and fun to eat.
Use rice vinegar, not the sweeter "seasoned" rice vinegar. Look for dried udon noodles and red chile oil in the Asian aisle of your market.
- 6 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoon tahini (sesame seed paste) or creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chile oil
- 1 large carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper (about 1 large pepper)
- 1 package (10-ounce) dried udon noodles or whole-wheat spaghetti, cooked, drained and rinsed in cool water
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Whisk sesame oil and next 6 ingredients (sesame oil through chile oil) in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients; toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate up to 3 days.